CATWA is the Australian branch of CATW International, a Non Governmental Organization having Category II consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. It works locally and internationally to end all forms of sexual exploitation of women, especially the violence of prostitution, trafficking and pornography.
We are a secular and feminist organisation.
Find us on Facebook
- to promote a recognition that all forms of trafficking and sexual exploitation are an abuse of universal human rights and constitute severe discrimination.
- to bring international attention to all forms of sexual exploitation, including trafficking in women, prostitution, pornography, mail order bride selling, incest and rape.
- to gain legislation in Australia to decriminalise prostituted women and penalise the men who abuse women in prostitution.
- to develop strategies to support women leaving prostitution.
- to pressure government to resource exit programs and refuges to support women leaving prostitution.
- to be pro-woman and support women’s struggle for dignity and survival whether they are in or outside the sex industry.